- Sam invests in distressed businesses alongside the company's majority shareholder(s). Decisions to invest and the terms of such investments are situation specific.
- Sam provides business and real estate loans in amounts of up to $1,000,000. These are short-term bridge loans and are collateralized by business assets and real property.
Revenue & EBITDA: Sam invests in businesses with annual revenues of up to $75M with EBITDA of up to $5M.
- Sectors: The acquisition focus is on specialty manufacturing businesses, contract manufacturing, and business services.
- Sam is sought out if a business is in financial distress or in need of a turnaround. He assumes the role of CEO and personally takes charge of executing the tunraround plan.
- Once the desired profitability level is achieved and trending in the right direction, Sam transitions to the role of Executive Chairman and a going-forward CEO is hired. Sam continues to oversee the business and manage the executive team until a liquidity event occurs.
- When business crises arise, Sam is called on to help control the damage and take charge of the business' operations. He will, as appropriate, bring in additional professionals such as lawyers, accountants, engineers, etc.
- Location: Midwest, Northeast,and Southeast - - i.e. most industrial regions except the West Coast